Saturday, March 24, 2012

summer workshops??

 I'm putting out feelers for summer workshops. this is all in the "I just had a crazy idea!" stage, so nothing is for sure. I'm just wondering who all would be interested, and I'll go from there. =) I'm just throwing out ideas about all the things I would love to do, and I can make a real plan (or decide it won't happen) after I have an idea of who would want to do something like this. 


I'm thinking maybe every Saturday in June, 10am-3pm. (June 9, 16, 23, 30) (dates subject to change)
probably 8-12 grade. (could make some exceptions)
not sure where yet, since I'm just seeing who would be interested.
$10 or $15 per week (depending on how many are interested and if I need to pay for a venue).

I'm thinking each week can build off of the previous weeks but also stand alone, so if you miss a week because of vacation or something you won't be lost. Or you could just do one week. or just the first and last week. 
I might do a different focus each week, like one week improv, one week monologues, one week Shakespeare (work on individual monologues and some scenes), one week work on a one act play. we would do some of the same things each week (warmups/games, etc.), so it would still be worth just doing one week. I'm just throwing out some ideas...give me some feedback! 

we'd do lots of improv games and warmups, skits, learn a monologue or two (definitely one Shakespeare), and possibly perform a one act play at the end. we might also watch some old movies or do a musical/dance number, or possibly play with makeup techniques. 



I think I'd like to keep it to kids with some stage/acting experience. I'm thinking kids who enjoy theatre and would like to go deeper. this would be workshops that are a whole lot of fun, but definitely a challenge. everyone would participate. you don't have to be the best at everything, but at least give it a try. =) 


I hope somebody else likes my ideas! feel free to spread the word!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment